Monday 11 June 2012

MY MUSIC, MY STORY

I think defining music is as difficult as defining art. Because just as art has many
meanings, so does music. Everyone has their own interpretation about music, thus I would like to share what my interpretation about music, really is.
 
Music is a versatile form of communication. Music is all around us. We hear it on the radio, television, we buy it in stores. We go to concerts and musical events. We use music as a form of calmness,  and we even make music ourselves, when we whistle. Music is a part of our society, it can be the structure on which we build our positive thoughts.

Listening to music helps me understand the way artists use music to communicate with you. My definition of finding the calmness in music, is listening to music with tranquil rhythms. By really listening to the waves of expressive rhythms with a clear sense of awareness, I can instantly calm myself and bring about a sense of well-being over my myself and thoughts.

Everyday I make time to listen to music. I enjoy the variety of tempos, rhythms and lyrics, although I do not necessarily have a favourite song, I use specific songs to help me with studying and uplifting my mood when needed.

 I judge music by the importance of what it has to say. In high school I remember writing a poem about music. I can`t remember everything I said but I do remember saying music is freedom. Music is not just about arranging sounds and rhythms. It is a self-expression of how someone who
writes the song feels. It`s a way of communicating with the world.

As the saying goes “Earphones in, Volume up, World Down”.

No comments:

Post a Comment